Maldives Association of Tourism Industry (MATI) Holds 31st Annual General Meeting
The Maldives Association of Tourism Industry (MATI) has held its 31st Annual General Meeting virtually. A total of 78 members participated in the AGM.
The Chairman of MATI, Hon. Mohamed Umar Maniku initiated the AGM by giving the official opening remarks, followed by a statement from the Secretary General of MATI, Hon. Ahmed Nazeer.
Mr. Ahmed Nazeer oversaw the official proceedings of the AGM. The proceedings included the Passing of Minutes of the 30th AGM and Adoption of Minutes, a video presentation which highlighted work done by MATI for the year 2020, the presentation of the Annual report and Financial Reports for 2020, Adoption of the Budget for 2021 and the Appointment of Auditors for 2021. Furthermore, the proposed amendments to the Charter of MATI were reviewed and adopted by the Members of MATI.
Before the adjournment of the AGM, board members for the year 2021-2022 were elected.
The following were elected to the Executive Board of MATI for the year 2021-2022:
1. Mr. Mohamed Umar Maniku, Chairman
2. Mr. Hussain Afeef, Vice-Chairman
3. Mr. Salah Shihab, Vice-Chairman
4. Mr. Ahmed Nazeer, Secretary General
5. Mr. Ahmed Hafeez, Financial Controller
6. Mr. Asad Ali, Deputy Secretary General
7. Mr. Ahmed Siyam Mohamed, Executive Board Member
8. Mr. Ibrahim Siyad Qasim, Executive Board Member
9. Mr. Ibrahim Noordeen, Executive Board Member
10. Mr. Iyaz Waheed, Executive Board Member
11. Ms. Visha Mahir, Executive Board Member
12. Mr. Ismail Siyan Qasim, Executive Board Member
13. Ms. Aishath Neena Ahmed, Executive Board Member
14. Ms. Zulaikha Manik, Executive Board Member
15. Mr. Gordon Andrew Stewart, Executive Board Member