Resort News Weekly Roundup
JOALI Maldives Donates to Three NGOs in the Maldives
JOALI Maldives is a passionate supporter of environmental conservation, community engagement and women empowerment. To foster these values, the resort donated funds raised by guests and hosts over the festive period to support three nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) working in the Maldives. The donations were handed over to the representatives from the NGOs by the JOALI Maldives team, together with General Manager Enver Arslan, at a small gathering at the resort.
The selected NGOs will be utilizing the funds for the following projects:
- Olive Ridley Project – protecting sea turtles and their habitats in Raa atoll through rescue and rehabilitation, scientific research, education, and outreach.
- Women In Tech Maldives – working to inspire, empower and celebrate women in science and technology and teach school students coding skills.
- Zero Waste Maldives – reducing the amount of fabric waste that ends up in landfill by rescuing clothes that can be used second hand or upcycled.
The funds were raised as part of a collaborative art project by JOALI Maldives. Guests joined the resort’s resident artist to glaze ceramic fishes with a personal flair, with the final artwork composed of all the individual fish, swimming joyfully in unison. The artworks are displayed on the resort.
InterContinental Maldives Partners with UK’s The Marshmallowist for Anniversary Celebrations
InterContinental Maldives Maamunagau Resort is hosting a series of bespoke guest experiences throughout 2022 in celebration of the 75th anniversary of InterContinental Hotels & Resorts. As part of this, from 1st to 5th March 2022, the resort is teaming up with The Marshmallowist – UK’s first producer of gourmet marshmallows for an unforgettable sweet escape in the tropics.
Curating a bespoke line up of pop-up experiences all over the island, guests will be able to experience sweet treats from Oonagh Simms, Founder of The Marshmallowist. From a pop-up hot chocolate bar to a marshmallow masterclass for adults and children, from a cocktail experience overlooking a breathtaking Maldivian sunset to a bonfire movie night under the stars whilst roasting gourmet S’mores, to ending on a sugar high with a pop-up ice cream parlour by the pool for a splashing good time.
Having trained as a chocolatier in Paris, Simms creates marshmallows with a French soufflé-like texture and a signature London edge using only premium whole fresh fruits, organic herbs and spices and boutique alcohol. Combining classic confectionery with unexpected flavours like raspberry and champagne, strawberry and basil, charcoal and jasmine tea and more, guests can look forward to tropical Maldivian flavours being introduced for the first time.
Mövenpick Resort Kuredhivaru Maldives Launches Go Healthy & Fit Program
Mövenpick Maldives is launching its first week-long wellness program – Go Healthy & Fit.
The Go Healthy & Fit seven-night wellness program combines daily fitness consultations, healthy meal plan advice based on the resort’s Go Healthy dishes available across all its existing menus, a diverse exercise regimen and results-oriented spa treatments. A personal trainer helps set your goals during the initial assessment and coaches you through the whole program to reach them.
Get ready for a week of exercise, customized spa sessions and healthy eating guaranteed to inspire you to feel healthy and look stunning after your return home. The daily schedule is carefully designed to allow you to enjoy other resort activities or experiences such as water sports, diving, snorkelling and many more. The weekly schedule can be extended by another week or more.
The week consists of six spa treatments per stay, six private fitness sessions per stay, unlimited access to group fitness and lifestyle classes, lifestyle wellbeing pack, daily Healthy Corner at ONU Marché all-day dining restaurant for breakfast, unlimited healthy shots, juices and smoothies throughout the day from the operating restaurants and bars.
Download the brochure here.
Fairmont Maldives Launches Valentine’s Day Packages
Fairmont Maldives Sirru Fen Fushi is providing the ultimate island romance with intimate dining experiences and exclusive spa packages on offer to guests.
Exclusive dining packages include:
- Hop aboard a luxury yacht and set sail on a private sunset dolphin cruise, with canapes and a selection of fine wines, before stopping off on a private island for a candle-lit dinner for two. The epitome of luxury and exclusivity, the Private Island Dinner consists of a five-course tasting menu which includes Iranian Black Pearl Caviaì’, freshly caught Maldivian lobster and a selection of fine wines.
USD 20,000++ for Two.
- Located in the northernmost point of the island, guests are invited to stay at the Madi Point this Valentine’s Day. Set against a starry Maldivian sky, the Madi Point is draped in fairy lights and make the perfect island hideaway for a truly intimate escape. Guests will be greeted with a traditional Boduberu and bouquet of roses, before indulging in a mouth-watering five-course tasting menu, accompanied with an array of beverages to sip and savour.
USD 5,000++ for Two.
- Deep in the heart of the island’s interior jungle, delight in a romantic dinner and movie night under the stars, in the luxury of the resort’s Private Tented Jungle Villas. Surrounded by fragrant flora and dressed in safari-inspired interiors, dine on a lavish five-course tasting menu, with a selection of Champagne, fine wines, and spirits to choose from.
USD 5,000++ for Two.
For a truly relaxing experience, indulge in a tailored spa package for two. The award-winning Willow Stream Spa offers 120-minute rejuvenating treatments, created especially for Valentine’s Day.
Choose from three spa packages: Secret Water Island Valentines, A Valentines Dream, or Be My Valentine (designed exclusively for couples).
- Secret Water Island Valentines – 90-minute Romantic Indulgence Massage, 30-minute Romantic Candle Bath, two glasses of Champagne and canapes
- A Valentines Dream – 30-minute Coconut Body Scrub, 60-minute Blissful Marma Massage, 30-minute Romantic Flower Bath, two glasses of Champagne and cake.
- Be My Valentine – 60-minute Willow Stream Signature Neroli Massage, 30-minute Express Facial, 30-minute Rose Petals Bath, two glasses of Champagne and chocolates
Learn more about the resort’s ‘Grandest Romance’ packages here.